Learn the answers to some of our Frequently Asked Questions!
1. How is vacation accrued?
Vacation days start to accumulate after first 30 days of employment. You accrue 3.08 vacation hours per paycheck.
2. What if I don’t have enough vacation time accrued and need to take time off?
You can still take time off with prior approval, but you will have a negative number of days earned. If your services are terminated OR you quit, the settlement will be made in your remaining pay checks.
3. What is the policy for family leave or maternity leave?
Employees can take a maximum of 12 weeks of unpaid family leave/maternity leave within any 12 month period. Employees will be required to first use any accrued paid vacation leave time before taking the unpaid medical leave.
4. What is the holiday schedule when I work at the client site?
All employees that work at the client sites need to follow the client schedule.
5. What is the Holiday schedule when I work at the QualiTest offices?
Employees who are on short term projects will follow the QualiTest schedule. Employees on long term projects will follow the client schedule. Click here to view the QualiTest holiday schedule.
6. What if I’m following the client schedule and it has fewer days than the QualiTest schedule?
If the client has fewer days, you will get floating holidays.
When you are using a floating holiday, please submit your hours in the system as “unbillable” and write “floating holiday” in the comments.
7. Who should I inform or ask when taking Paid Time Off (PTO)?
Before taking PTO, you need to ask your reporting manager (at the client). Also inform Harvey at firstname.lastname@example.org after your PTO has been approved.
8. Can vacation days be carried from one year to another?
Yes, vacation days can be carried from one year to another.
1. When is the time sheet due?
We expect you to submit your hours every week by Monday by 10 am. Please remember that a delay in submitting your hours may result in a delay in the payroll processing for everyone.
Click here for the reporting hours instruction video.
Click here to access QualiTest’s Hour Reporting Site.
2. Do I have to send a time sheet when I take PTO?
Yes, you must submit your hours every week, even if you have taken or are taking PTO. Indicate PTO in your time sheet for the appropriate days.
If you have any questions, please contact Candice Stanford at the corporate office(email@example.com, 203-955-1815).
1. When should I report overtime?
Up to 45 hours is “straight time” and you’ll get paid 100%. Over 45 hours is “Overtime” and you’ll get paid 150%. Please make sure you get an approval from your direct supervisor previous for working over 40 hours.
2. How does the pay period work?
All employees are paid on a bi-weekly basis on Friday. That means that in the week you get paid, you are being paid for the 2 weeks prior.
3. Is there a schedule of the pay dates for each year?
The schedule of pay dates is on the employee portal under “Documents.” Click here to view the payroll calendar.
If you have any questions, please contact Harvey Feuer/ Candice Stanford at the Corporate office (firstname.lastname@example.org 203-955-1811/ Candices@qualitestgroup.com 203-955-1815)
1. What is the last day that I can enroll in insurance?
All Full-time QualiTest employees are eligible for insurance benefits (unless opted out by the employee before joining). The insurance coverage starts on the 1st calendar month after completing 30 days. Within the first 30 days of your start date you must have your Insurance forms completed to be able to get Insurance.
2. What if I miss the enrollment period when I start?
You may enroll during the yearly open enrollment period in November of every year.
3. Is there a possibility to enroll off the open enrollment date?
A person can enroll off the open enrollment date should they undergo a life-changing event, such as: loss of other coverage, marriage, divorce, birth/ adoption of a child, death of spouse (if covered under spouse’s plan).
1. Can I use sick days as a personal time?
No, sick days are not to be used as a personal time.
2. Can sick days be carried from one year to another?
No, sick days can’t be carried from one year to another.
1. What happens if my area is not safe to travel?
If you work at the client site, follow the client instructions.
If you work at the QualiTest offices, the weather is not safe and you cannot get to work, you may work from home as per your manager’s approval.
1. When am I eligible for a raise?
We have a policy of yearly performance evaluations. As part of the process, you and your manager will evaluate your performance and we’ll discuss a raise.
1.Who can take leave?
Under the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), both mothers and fathers have the same right to take leave, except in NJ.
2. Are there any requirements that must be fulfilled before taking leave?
Yes, an employee who wishes to take leave has to be employed with the company for at least 12 months prior to leave.
3. How much notice is required before taking leave?
An employee must give at least 30 days notice before taking leave.
4. Is there a limit to how long an employee can take leave?
Yes, an employee can take up to 12 weeks of leave within a 12 month period; however, the leave can be intermittent. Certain states allow for more time, if you have questions about your specific state, contact HR.
5. Will I be paid during leave?
No, leave is unpaid. However, health insurance benefits will continue to be in effect.
1. I was summoned for jury duty. What should I do next?
As soon as you receive the summons, you must show it to your supervisor as soon as possible so arrangements can be made for your absence.
2. Can I receive paid leave for jury duty?
Yes, eligible employees may request up to two weeks of paid jury duty leave within a two year period.
3. How do I know if I am eligible for paid time off?
Regular full-time salaried employees who have completed at least 30 calendar days of service are eligible.
4. What happens if I am selected for more than two weeks of jury duty?
If you are required to serve more than 2 weeks, you may use your available paid time off (i.e. vacation time) or request for unpaid leave.
5. If I go on unpaid jury duty leave, what happens to my benefits?
QualiTest will continue to provide health insurance benefits until the end of the month in which the unpaid jury duty leave begins. When you return from leave, benefits will again be provided by QualiTest.